generative musical agents dedicated to human-machine creative interactions.
Jérôme Nika (PhD) is a researcher and a computer music designer / musician specialized in human-machine musical interaction.
As a “digital luthier”, he conceives and develops generative software instruments in collaboration with the Music Representations team at Ircam and in interaction with expert improvisers, performers, and composers. These generative agents combine machine learning models and generative processes with reactive listening modules.
This work led to numerous artistic collaborations and musical productions, particularly in improvised music (Steve Lehman, Bernard Lubat, Benoît Delbecq, Rémi Fox) and contemporary music (Pascal Dusapin, Ensemble Modern, Marta Gentilucci).
More than 60 artistic performances have brought these tools into play since 2016 (Onassis Center, Athens, Greece; Ars Electronica Festival, Linz, Austria; Frankfurter Positionen festival, Frankfurt; Annenberg Center, Philadelphia, USA; Centre Pompidou, Collège de France, LeCentquatre, Paris, France; Montreux Jazz festival, etc.).
- "Data Day", French Ministry of the Economy and Finance: Opening conferenceOpening conference of the "Data Day" @ Bercy, under the patronage of Cédric O, Secretary of State. November 29, 2019
- C’est pour ça + Nicolas Fox, Concert @ Le Cirque électrique, ParisConcert with Rémi Fox "C'est pour ça" @ Le Cirque électrique, Paris, November 22, 2019.
- Interview for Le MondeInterview for Le Monde, about the collaboration with Pascal Dusapin and Thierry Coduys for "Lullaby Experience" (Article by Florence Rosier).
- Residency @ Le Fresnoy: kick-off conference.Kick-off conference of my research and production residency @ Le Fresnoy. Thursday, October 31, 2019.
- “Lullaby Experience” project: documentary / interviews (english subtitles)Lullaby Experience is a participatory project imagined by composer Pascal Dusapin.
An overview to wait for the completion of the site (if you understand French)…
Copyright Jérôme Nika – Tous droits réservés