generative musical agents dedicated to human-machine creative interactions.
Jérôme Nika (PhD) is a researcher and a computer music designer / musician specialized in human-machine musical interaction.
As a “digital luthier”, he conceives and develops generative software instruments in collaboration with the Music Representations team at Ircam and in interaction with expert improvisers, performers, and composers. These generative agents combine machine learning models and generative processes with reactive listening modules.
This work led to numerous artistic collaborations and musical productions, particularly in improvised music (Steve Lehman, Bernard Lubat, Benoît Delbecq, Rémi Fox) and contemporary music (Pascal Dusapin, Ensemble Modern, Marta Gentilucci).
More than 60 artistic performances have brought these tools into play since 2016 (Onassis Center, Athens, Greece; Ars Electronica Festival, Linz, Austria; Frankfurter Positionen festival, Frankfurt; Annenberg Center, Philadelphia, USA; Centre Pompidou, Collège de France, LeCentquatre, Paris, France; Montreux Jazz festival, etc.).
An overview to wait for the completion of the site (if you understand French)…
- Interview for La Lettre du MusicienInterview for La Lettre du Musicien (Article by Mathilde Blayo).
- Centre Pompidou: Video exhibition + “Musical Generativity” roundtableVideo exhibition within “Neurons, simulated intelligence” (26 Feb 2020 – 20 Apr 2020) + “Musical Generativity” roundtable (27 Feb 2020) @ Centre Pompidou
- Roundtable discussion “Parcours et Perspectives” @ La Gaîté LyriqueRoundtable discussion “Parcours et Perspectives” organised by ENS Louis-Lumière @ La Gaîté Lyrique, Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
- “C’est pour ça”: Laureate of the “Dicream” grant (CNC) + Residency @ Le Fresnoy“C’est pour ça” (duo with Rémi Fox) laureate of the CNC’s Dicream grant. Recording sessions at le Fresnoy.
- “Data Day”, French Ministry of the Economy and Finance: Opening conferenceOpening conference of the “Data Day” @ Bercy, under the patronage of Cédric O, Secretary of State. November 29, 2019
- C’est pour ça + Nicolas Fox, Concert @ Le Cirque électrique, ParisConcert with Rémi Fox “C’est pour ça” @ Le Cirque électrique, Paris, November 22, 2019.
Copyright Jérôme Nika – Tous droits réservés